Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Lindsey Vonn Suffers Crash

The ugly Sochi 2014 logo
Lindsey Vonn, one of the United States' biggest Winter Olympic stars, suffered a nasty crash at the Skiing world championships in Austria. Officially she suffered two torn ligaments and a broken tibia, which she will have surgery for next week.

The Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics begin a year from now on February 7, 2014. People are wondering if she will be ready, but after watching so many Olympics, I doubt she would miss them. Someone of her caliber will get the best doctors you can find, and her recovery process will be much shorter than the average person. You can already see NBC pushing it as one of the games' many remarkable comebacks, and a feel good story for the millions of viewers they're sure to get. And speaking of NBC, they will be broadcasting the Olympics starting the day before the Opening Ceremony for the first time, which features the debut of Team Figure Skating & Slopestyle Snowboarding as well as Women's Ski Moguls. Those events begin before the ceremony with qualification rounds. The Olympics have been a huge ratings boost for NBC, so its a smart decision.

Vonn released a statement today saying, "I am grateful to my fans for the outpouring of support, which has really helped me stay positive. I can assure you that I will work as hard as humanly possible to be ready to represent my country next year in Sochi." I already have the Olympic theme song pounding in my head, so I can't wait to see Vonn go for the gold next year in Sochi.
Vonn was airlifted after her crash


No comments:

Post a Comment