Aaliyah's plane crashed on August 25, 2001 soon after taking off from the Bahamas. Aaliyah was a rare talent, and was about to become a big movie star as well as an even bigger singer. She had begun filming for the Matrix sequels, but her scenes were not completed and they had to recast the role. She was also going to be collaborating with Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails, which would've expanded her music. Her last album includes some rock with her normal Soul/R&B sound. We can only imagine what she would have done since then.
My favorite songs of hers:
1. Try Again (2000) - Her biggest hit and for good reasons. Great beats to go along with her voice.
2. One in a Million (1996) - Her voice is on full display, and you could tell she was going to be a big star.
3. Miss You (2002) - Released after her death, the song is a nice ballad and her voice sounds great laid back like it is here.
4. We Need a Resolution (2001) - The video for this song is probably her best, and the song made a good first single for her final album.
5. What If (2001) - Not a single, a track on her final album. It's an industrial rock leaning song, a preview of what she may have done with Trent Reznor. She knew how to change her voice to fit a different type of song.
6. Are You That Somebody? (1998) - The song from Dr. Dolittle, another addictive song with a beat and chorus you won't forget.
7. I Refuse (2001) - A piano dominated song from her last album, really showcases her voice.
8. Age Ain't Nothing but a Number (1994) - One of her first songs, sounds like it could fit on a TLC album and shows that even at a young age, she had a big voice.
9. Come Over (2003) - Released from the posthumous album I Care 4 U.
10. Journey to the Past (1997) - Another single from a soundtrack, she gave a great performance at the Academy Awards in 1998 of the song. More of a pop song, her voice translates well just as it did in her Hip Hop and Rock songs.
For those who have never listened to Aaliyah, do yourselves a favor and download the albums or some tracks. (For some reason the CD's are out of print, so you can only download them on iTunes and Amazon.) Hope they someday release deluxe versions with extra material.
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
If you missed it, Anne Hathaway, who is currently playing Catwoman, made a rap on Conan O'Brien about the paparazzi who have been around the set of The Dark Knight Rises. I can say she is already better than Soulja Boy ever was. As she comically stated, the song is in the style of Lil Wayne. Check it out:
Sunday, August 7, 2011
I like this costume, it's pretty tactical and I like the goggles. It's missing the trademark cat ears however, but I'm speculating that they will come later. I'm not sure what's happening in the photo, if Batman gave her the Batpod, or if Catwoman is stealing it. Apparently the photo does take place during the fight between Bane and Batman that was released earlier. I'll assume this is earlier in the film and she is stealing the Batpod. I think she'll eventually join up with Batman and that may be when she gets a "Cat" mask that the goggles will go over, perhaps from Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman). The image is listed under Selina Kyle, so this may be an outfit she uses as Selina. We will surely find out more in the coming months.
Take a look at some previous versions of Catwoman in TV & Film:
|Michelle Pfeiffer (1992) -The Best Catwoman, from the film Batman Returns|
|Lee Meriweather (1966)|
|Eartha Kitt (1967)|
|Julie Newmar (1966)|
|Halle Berry (2004)|