Thursday, September 26, 2013
Welcome To 'Jurassic World'
Not much is known yet, though news will surely continue to trickle out soon as filming should probably begin in Spring 2014. Here is what we know so far:
1. It is confirmed that there will be a number of new dinosaurs to terrorize us tiny humans, including one very big one on the level of the favorite T-Rex. They won't say which dinosaurs, though Jack Horner (a paleontologist who has worked on all three movies) promised that, "you'll want to keep the lights on after you see this movie."
2. Colin Trevorrow ('Safety Not Guaranteed') is the director, and seems like a perfect fit as a known fan of the first three films. You just know he cares enough about the franchise to want this to be more than your average sequel. 'Safety Not Guaranteed' is also a fantastic and highly original movie, which should boost confidence that 'Jurassic World' will succeed. Steven Spielberg is producing it, so the movie will get his stamp of approval.
3. Many scenes will be filmed in the Hawaii location where the first 'Jurassic Park' was shot, and Trevorrow confirmed that at least some of the movie will take place on the original Isla Nublar.
4. Jeff Goldblum and Laura Dern have both said in the past they would consider returning to the franchise. However, there is no word on any past cast members returning yet. The only rumblings about casting include a rumor about John Krasinski ('The Offce') possibly playing a "dinosaur tamer". The latest rumor is that Bryce Dallas Howard ('The Help', 'Spider-Man 3') is currently in talks to join the film.
5. The title change to 'Jurassic World' could possibly be a play on a park like Sea World, which further helps those rumors that the film will deal with a new park that has been fully operational and successful. Of course, terror will somehow take shape.